Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This is my passion. It's time to love yourself.

Everyday I find myself making excel documents full of lists--homework to-do, cleaning to-do, class deadlines, food logs, exercise logs, goals, etc. The fitness-related ones being the ones I return to time and time again. But what good is my passion when I don't get to share it with other people. I'm getting back on my path to everyday fitness and living a healthy life, and if I can help others do that as well, I'll be much happier. Returning from Europe having gained 15lbs and experiencing some other self realizations, I'm ready to make me a priority again.

If you are experiencing troubles losing weight, I strongly recommend journaling and tracking food, emotions, exercise, etc. And talking with others in the same boat as you can be most motivating. Its been commonly researched and found that people who surround themselves with the type of people they want to be like (in this case, athletic and healthy), have a better chance of success themselves. My two rocks for this case are my friends Chelsea and Amber, who are with me everyday in class. We often get together to make meals together, all in agreement of healthy substitutions.

Including exercise in your lifestyle is not only good for losing weight, but it can boost confidence, increase energy, prolong your life, help body pain, etc. I myself have scoliosis and a misaligned lumbar vertebrae. But through fitness, I can control my pain.

I strongly encourage people to start journaling. Just write down your goals. What your willing to do to reach them, how much time you can commit to them.



My tools for the day, and plan:
*Clean the house, finish unpacking (easy way to burn a few calories)
*do some homework (lots of inactivity, which must be made up by:

*Tobata...high intensity, but short exercise:
http://tabataexercise.com/about-tabata-training/

*Zumba- exercise dance class

*food log


I want to help you guys! So any questions, comments, concerns, let me know!
facebook, or email me. jfreder3@uoregon.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment