Sunday, September 14, 2014

Inspiration for the Week: Mason Jars and Cod

When it comes to weekly meal planning, there are often 2 choices: take the longer, tedious route and enjoy variety throughout the week, or go for the quick method which involves a lot of meal repetition. I think I found the best of both worlds this week with my mason jar inspiration.

These jars could contain virtually anything. They're sturdy, and they're easy to transport. This week, I will be packing them with a variety of shaker salads. Remember the shaker salad McDonald's used to have like ten years ago in the plastic cups? Yes, that's what we're going for....just a bit classier.

As for the dinners, they are not quite as varied, but I usually will flex a bit from my plan based off how I feel. I always keep ground turkey on hand to mix up some quick shell-less tacos, lettuce wraps, or taco soup, depending on my mood. But I had extra cod on hand, and it's a great source of lean protein.

Here is my weekly meal plan. Pictures to follow.


After following my plans more consistently, it's amazing the change in my overall well being. If I do have the occasional fall-off the wagon (like yesterday), usually it's not enough to crash me as long as I'm doing well throughout the rest of the week.

Keep it clean. Raw when possible. Low glycemic. Supplement with probiotics, omegas, and B-vitamins. Live well.

No comments:

Post a Comment